As a world class power supply manufacturing facility, we have earned our reputation through ensuring all our power supply designs are vigorously tested to ensure that only the products of the very highest quality and reliability reach the marketplace. This page outlines our power supply manufacturing process but if you have any questions please get in touch.
Local support from an international supplier; From initial product design, through manufacture, to after sales – Sunpower’s support infrastructure guarantees you will always have the back up you need for the lifetime of your product.
- Centrally located UK headquaters in Aldermaston with 25,000 sq ft of storage space
- Sunpower – Taiwan 120 employees in 59,000 sq ft facility producing 300,000 units per month
- Sunpower – China 200 employees in 45,000 sq ft facility producing 1.2 million units per month
7 Powerful reasons why you can trust Sunpower;
- FMEA – Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a procedure in product development and operations management for the analysis of potential failure modes with a system for classification by the severity and likelihood of the failures. Successful FMEA activity helps to identify potential failure modes based on past experience with similar products or processes; it enables us to design those failures out of our products with the minimum of effort and resource expenditure, thereby reducing development time and costs.
- HALT – A Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT) determines the operating and destruct limits of a design, why those limitations exist and what is required to increase those margins. HALT, therefore, stresses products beyond their design specifications, providing our engineers with the opportunity to improve product design, increase robustness and minimize the possibility of costly warranty services and expensive product recalls after release.
- HASS – Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) builds on the results of HALT, screening every piece of production for hidden manufacturing defects and defective components.
- Thermal Modelling – Power dissipation creates hot spots which may have a detrimental effect on performance and safety.
- Salt Spray Test – An accelerated test to check corrosion resistance of finished surfaces or parts.
- Vibration Test – A product is shaken, one axis at a time, to simulate potential environmental motions and the effect they may have on energy and noise.
- MTBF – Mean Time Before Failure – The predicted elapsed time between inherent failures during operation.
As would be expected from a world class manufacturer, we have fully automated manufacturing and test facilities which ensure both consistent performance and reliability of finished products. Every product is subjected to 100% functional testing and burn in, using some of the most sophisticated manufacturing equipment available.
The better the players the stronger the team; Sunpower Technology LLP is approved to ISO 9001:2008 and our factories to both ISO-9001 and ISO-14001. We work in partnership with only recognised market leaders in the field’s key to our business, to guarantee that you can be confident of consistently stringent standards in all aspects of a product’s life cycle. From excellent, forward thinking design, through efficient production to total durability and reliability of use and ease of maintenance and repair, Sunpower ensure you become part of a winning team.
Bridgelux – An established leading developer and manufacturer of solid-state LED technology. Constantly growing and investing, Bridgelux introduce new LED chips approximately every 6 months with 15~20% performance improvements each time.
Cree – A leader in the solid-state lighting industry recognizing the revolutionary potential of brightness and efficiency of LED’s.
Philips – A worldwide company and brand producing highly efficient and reliable capacitors.
IOR – Power management leader – High performance analogue, digital and mixed-signal IC’s, advanced circuit devices, power systems and components. Six decades of technology leadership.
Texas Instruments – The first semiconductor company to go global whilst using an increasingly complex signal-processing technology to produce world class innovations.
ST – A world leader in pioneering semiconductor solutions with 12 manufacturing sites and advanced research & development centres in ten countries worldwide.
Luxeon – Industry leading high efficient reliable and longer-lasting LED’s, built to reduce CO² emissions and minimize new energy plant expansion.
Nippon Chemi-Con – A well-known company supplying small electronic equipment components. Established in 1993, Nippon Chemi-Con have vast technical knowledge and are proven experts in resolving technical issues and developing new products.